Export Controls and Licensing
Export Control and licensing are necessary to support responsible exporting and to help ensure that Military and “Dual Use” products are only exported to approved end users and for approved end uses.
Several regimes are in place to provide assistance, each of whilst producing a listing on controlled products/technologies, namely;
- Australia Group
- Chemical Weapons Convention
- Missile Technology Control Regime
- Nuclear Suppliers Group
- Wassenaar Arrangement
Goods and technologies are considered to be dual-use when they can be used for both civil and military purposes.
As per the above regimes and subsequent Control Lists, the following product manufactured by Andor Technology are deemed as “Dual Use” and therefore export license are required to support all exports of the same.
|All ICCD Products
||Depending on the camera specification it can be either of the following:
Imaging cameras incorporating image intensifier tubes having the characteristics listed in 6A002.a.2.a. or 6A002.a.2.b.;
Image intensifier tubes having all of the following:
1. A peak response in the wavelength range exceeding 400 nm but not exceeding 1,050 nm;
2. Electron image amplification using any of the following:
3. Any of the following photocathodes:
- a. A microchannel plate with a hole pitch (centre-to-centre spacing) of 12 µm or less; or
- b. An electron sensing device with a non-binned pixel pitch of 500 µm or less, specially designed or modified to achieve 'charge multiplication' other than by a microchannel plate; and
- a. Multialkali photocathodes (e.g., S-20 and S-25) having a luminous sensitivity exceeding 350 µA/lm;
- b. GaAs or GaInAs photocathodes; or
- c. Other "III/V compound" semiconductor photocathodes having a maximum "radiant sensitivity" exceeding 10 mA/W;
Cameras and components, other that those specified in 6A003, as follows:
Other framing tubes and solid-state imaging devices having a fast-image gating time of less than 50 ns.
|All EMCCD Products
|iXon Family - DU897, DU888. DU885
EM Newton - DU970, DU971
Luca – S
Luca - R
Imaging cameras incorporating "focal plane arrays" having any of the following:
a. Incorporating "focal plane arrays" specified in 6A002.a.3.a. to 6A002.a.3.e.;
b. Incorporating "focal plane arrays" specified in 6A002.a.3.f.; or
c. Incorporating "focal plane arrays" specified in 6A002.a.3.g.;
Non-"space-qualified" "focal plane arrays" having all of the following:
1. Individual detector elements with a peak response in the wavelength range exceeding 400 nm but not exceeding 900 nm;
2. Specially designed or modified to achieve 'charge multiplication' and having a maximum "radiant sensitivity" exceeding 10 mA/W for wavelengths exceeding 760 nm; and
3. Greater than 32 elements.
|Note: “Technology” associated with the design, production and repair of the above products is also controlled under the following Dual List entries, and therefore also requires an export licence.
6E001 "Technology" according to the General Technology Note for the "development" of equipment, materials or "software" specified in 6A, 6B, 6C or 6D.
6E002 "Technology" according to the General Technology Note for the "production" of equipment or materials specified in 6A, 6B or 6C.
"technology" means specific 'information' necessary for the "development", "production" or "use" of "goods" or "software";
Where you are exporting/re-exporting the above products it is your responsibility to ensure that the appropriate licence has been applied for/received from the relevant national authority.