Zyla - The Physicist’s Choice
Zyla sCMOS has become a well-established detector amongst physicists, biophysicists and astronomers, the advanced combination of speed, sensitivity and dynamic range enabling new ground to be broken.
Performance and adaptability…
- Dual Amplifier – novel pixel architecture means you don’t need to pre-select gain. Access lowest read noise and full well depth simultaneously.
- > 1000 fps – Access extremely fast frame rates through user definable Region of Interest control, suited to many applications within the physical sciences.
- Global Shutter – Zyla 5.5 offers this important mode that completely avoids spatial distortion.
- Low darkcurrent – Low read noise is complimented by extremely competitive darkcurrent, also ensuring minimized hot pixel blemishes.
- Cooling options – Standard camera air cools to 0 0C up to +35 0C ambient. Water cooled option available on request.
- Blemish correction maps and advanced control – Upon request, Andor provide bespoke capability to turn off/on blemish correction, for those who prefer to perform this themselves. Blemish maps can be provided.
- Compact and Light – the extremely small volume footprint of Zyla renders it adaptable to intricate optical set-ups.
- Direct data access – intercept data directly for real time processing, for example in adaptive optics.
Example areas of application…
- Lucky / Speckle Imaging – Zyla’s fast frame rate and large field of view are ideal for this resolution enhancing technique.
- Adaptive Optics – Accessing > 1000 fps using ROIs renders the Zyla and ideal Wavefront detector. Use with data splitter to enable direct data access.
- Solar Astronomy – Fast frame rates, wide dynamic range and great linearity present a very formidable solution to the specific detector needs of next generation large solar telescopes.
- Fluorescence Correlation Spectroscopy – superb temporal resolution from small ROIs are excellent for accurately measuring diffusion coefficients.
- Bose Einstein Condensation – the QE profile of Zyla is very good in the red/NIR region, ideal for BEC of Rb.
- X-ray / Neutron Tomography – The Zyla can be readily lens coupled to scintillators and phosphors, presenting a high resolution, sensitive and fast solution for tomography.*
- Blemish correction maps and advanced control – Andor provide capability to turn off/on blemish correction, for those who prefer to perform this themselves. Bespoke blemish maps can be provided.
* Fiber-Optic coupled Zyla – please enquire for details on Andor’s new Fiber-Optic coupled Zyla, superb for fast indirect X-ray applications such as tomography.